Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weekends at Safari Night, Taiping and Ulu Licin, Bruas (29 January 2008)

Last weekend was a blissful holiday. Hubby and I went back to my hometown to join the family reunion hehehe… actually it was not really a reunion. My brother’s and cousin’s family came back and it was like a small family get together thing. The last time we all gathered were during last Hari Raya. My mum’s house was filled with joyfulness of kids’ voices. Haziq, Hanis, Syida, Syira and plus 6 kids which are the neighbors and happened to be my cousin’s kid made a really happening and joyous environment. FYI, my mum’s house is next to her brother’s with 7 kids and 5 grandkids. Really big family right?!!

On Saturday we planned to go to Zoo Taiping. Ehm… my mum was soo difficult, always with her excuses, “kome pegi le, biar mak jage ruma, banyak kerja kat ruma nie, nanti kome balik senang nak makan” a feeble excuse which I commonly heard from her. However my brother threatened, “mak tak nak pergi, aku nak baliklah…Lia jom kemas barang” which left my mum with no choice but to go. Hubby and I were pretty determined to take some kids to go with us with or without the other grownup. Finally all of us were going, but the bad news was that we reached Zoo not at the proper time. We arrived at 5.30 pm whilst the Zoo closed at 6.00 pm and plus it started drizzling, urgh!!. Then the idea came out to go for Night Safari, yeehaaa…. I’ve never been to Night Safari before and from the reviews that I got, it was all good. We hanged out at Tesco Taiping until 8.00 pm, and then we headed for Night Safari.





The visiting hours starts from 8.00pm until 11.00pm except on Saturday and eve of public holiday which they closed at 12.00am. The entrance ticket is RM10 for adult and RM6 for kid (3 to 12 yrs old). Not forgotten, the train charges is not included and you have to pay additional RM3 for adult and RM1.50 for kid if you want to board the train. I think this is scam… who would want to wander in zoo at night?? Sure people would go with train. At first I thought RM10 is inclusive with the train charge, but No No. For me comparing day and night time visit in zoo, I prefer the day time. I can see animal clearly and enjoy the green scenery as well. Where else at night I can’t see clearly what’s the H@#L those animals are doing!! Sure they put light for us to spot the animal, but I still don’t enjoy it. The vision is too limited. True some animals are nocturnal at night, but I think most of it because it was their feeding time. Scam huh!! Hehehehe... Well, bottom line the kids enjoyed themselves so much during this trip. I'm sure they had a terrific time at Tesco’s Kids Playland and Night Safari.





The urge for having more fun made us decided to go for a picnic on Sunday. Initially my brother opts for Teluk Senangin beach but it was blistering hot and glaring sun out there. So my husband suggested for cold, stream waterfall at Ulu Licin Bruas. Both places are like 30 minutes drive from the house. Sound so refreshing to me and most of the family members. And this time my mum supported with zero rejection at all. Surprisingly she wanted to dip herself in which I doubted this. We reached around 2.00pm and after indulge in the appetitive lunch; we soaked ourselves to the cold, freezing and refreshing stream. Due to the water condition, I soaked only half of myself…it was D@#M cold!! My mum (as I predicted), did not take part in self-soaking activity but she became guardian of our belongings. She managed to befriend one of the makcik which was doing similar part time job like her (stuff keeper, hehehe). In short it was really a pleasurable evening, and I knew the kids were having such a wonderful time. My brother was having a hard time to get Haziq out from the water. Haziq cried out loud and scuffled to get away from my brother. We spend about three hours there and we started to pack when we see the sky getting cloudy and dark. We predicted high chances of downpour!! (It was correct; on the way back to Penang about 2 hours later, it was heavy rain all the way from Pantai Remis to Penang.)



No comments: