Saturday, December 13, 2008

Luffy starts eating the solids.

Since Luffy is officially six month it is recommended to introduce solid to him. Actually I wanted to introduce him much earlier, but after doing some reading I decided to wait until Luffy reach six month old. I bought two baby meal sets, one to bring to nursery and one for home. I bought a Fisher Price highchair on 50% discount and I’m glad, Luffy seems content when I put him on the highchair.

So far, I haven’t started cooking solid food for Luffy. However I did plan to do so, just need to do some shopping for correct materials and tools. I did checked few recipes on the web, and really look yummy. Check out this website http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/. A lot of tips on how to introduce solid, recipes and tips. So for the mean time, only store food available for luffy 

The first food that Luffy had really trigged anxiety both my husband and I. We are and both anxious to see how Luffy react to his first food. As for Luffy himself, he is very excited to the new experience. One scoop is not enough. Always asking for more. I let him eat rice cereal for 4 days and see his reaction. Alhamdullilah, no food allergy.

Since then, we have given Luffy all sorts of half solid food. Luffy seems to enjoy food very much. It is always a pleasure to see Luffy facial expression as I introduced all sorts of taste to Luffy. Flavors like Rapsberry, orange and apple really gave little Luffy some level of “sourface”. Hehe.

I tried to discipline Luffy by setting his meal time around my lunch and dinner time. Customarily, I will feed him with his formula milk an hour prior to the meal time. Then his meal time is either before or after mine meal time. During my meal time, Luffy will sit on his highchair participate in the family quality time. Sometime I’ll provide his meal plate and spoon, so he can act like eating. But most of the time, he’ll knocked the plate with the spoon and cried when those fell down, maybe as a sign asking for help to get those back.

It so much fun to see and have Luffy joining us suring meal time.


Yum! Yum!


Luffy like his highchair


Luffy's first food