Sunday, May 31, 2009

My chocolate cake :)

Thanks to K. Azie, the Engineering Operator at my department for willing to share her chocolate cake recipe. I've tried few chocolate cake recipe from internet, but none taste as good as this one. I brought back the cake to my hometown during my cousin's wedding. Alhamdullilah..Habis, and lots of complement from my relatives..yummilicious!!! So I want to share the recipe here.

Chocolate Cake Recipe

Ingredient
----------
250g butter
2 cups castor sugar
5 eggs
2 cup self rising flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup of cold water ** Mix cocoa powder with cold water, kacau utk elakkan ketul2.
a pinch of salt.

Method
------
1. Mixed butter and sugar. Stir the mixture.
2. Add egg to mixture one by one. Then add the salt.
3. Add cocoa powder + cold water mixture
4. Stir all until they are well-mixed.
5. Preheat the oven 160'C and bake the cake for 45 min. (The original recipe is bake for 130'C, but when I use this, my cake is soggy on top, so I changed to this setting. I think it depends on what is the optimize temperature for you oven for baking a cake :))

Topping
-------
1 cup of castor sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
50 gm butter
1 can Evaporated milk

Method
------
1) Mix all the ingredient above in the pot. Under moderate fire, stir until the mixture become richer and creamier.

So inilah gambar2 kek coklat ku, memang huduh, tapi sedap. Next time akan ku cuba lagi dan akan ku hiaskan cantik2. Check this out.


No comments: