Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lamb Chop

Its Saturday!! Of the seven days in a week, I love Saturday the most. It's because, I'm not working and I can do lots of thing until midnight with not worrying about getting tired, since I still have Sunday to rest. Normally, I would try some new cooking during my off day. For this time, I'm cooking lamb chop.

I got this recipe from a website which mentioned that "This recipe is a courtesy of Rick's How to Cook Lamb site. I was in hurry to avoid the Friday bad traffic that I didn't copy the web address. The recipe is quite simple and I want to give it a shot.

Here is the recipe; I modified some though :)

Chinese-style Black Pepper Lamb Chop

Ingredient
500 gm Lamb chop (I bought nicely chopped lamb from Tesco)
1 clove of Onion (I used Bawang Benggala)
Potato (This is optional)

- To be grind and blend
1 teaspoon of black pepper
3 tablespoon of oyster sauce (You can estimate this, some may prefer more )
5 pcs garlic
daun sup (i'm not sure what they called in english, actually you can use rosemary, but I couldn't find it here)
Salt & Sugar

Procedure
1. Mix the ingredient to be grind and blend.
2. Marinate the lamb chop. Spread the ingredient evenly and leave to marinate about an hour. The longer the better :).
3. Chop the onion into large slices. Chop the potato as well.
4. Heat the oven to 230'c. You can either grill or roast. For me, I used my conventional microwave which come with the short key to roast lamb pieces.
5. Arrange the potato, onion slices and the lamb on the plate/ foil.
6. Roast in the oven for about 8 minutes and flip to otherside and roast again for another 8 minutes.
7. Ready to serve.


This is how my lamb chop being roasted in the oven together with onion sliced and potato.



Ready to serve.. I have salad as my side dishes. :)

No comments: