Saturday, December 19, 2015

Chicken curry with noxxa cooker

This cooker is very famous among housewives. It claimed it can speed up cooking process and very helpful for the working mum like me. My ex-schoolmate group has been talking a lot of this cooker and they managed to influence me to buy it. My husband never agree, he claimed the cooker will have same fate as my breadmaker, which has been idling sitting inside the box for quite some time. Secretly I bought that, through installment plan though. I dont want to make it so obvious so, after 3 month I would get that cooker after our disagreement. That should be fine, I guess 😆. So the three months has passed, and I got the 'noxxa pressure cooker'now. Actually I received that 2 weeks ago, I wasn't have opportunity to try. So this saturday, I am quite free and it perfect time to try this new cooker.

So I would cook curry chicken. First and foremost, I have to do some procedure before using the cooker. I share the procedure in the picture below. I was a bit worried when there was quite loud sound and lots of steam came out. Luckily no explosion, fire and everything turn out well. Just want to share the chicken curry recipe. It taste good, look at the picture. This recipe shall be good for 4 ppl serving.

Ingridients
(Stir fry)
5 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves chopped small onion
2 pc chopped garlic
3 cm chopped ginger
Curry leaves
10 cm cinnamon stick
2 star anise (bunga lawang)
4 cardamom (buah pelaga)
1 pack curry powder ( I use Babas
(High pressure)
1 cup of chicken broth
1/2 kg chicken
2 chopped potato
1 cup of Coconut milk (santan)
2 tsp coconut paste (kerisik)
Asam keping (not sure what they called in English)

Procedure
1) Set to stir-fry and put the oil. Wait 1 minute before put the onion, garlic, ginger, curry leaves and all the herbs. Stir and wait you can smell the curry aroma
2) Put the curry paste. I normally will prepare the curry paste with water. Wait until you can see the curry paste and the ingridient well blend.
3) Insert the chicken broth, potato and chicken. Stir fo a while
4) Insert the coconut milk ,coconut paste and asam keping. Put some salt for the taste.
5) Off the stir-fry function. Change to high pressure for 10 minutes. Dont forget to turn the setting to pressure. After the beep sound, change to steam mode.

That's all..