Monday, November 16, 2015

Preparation for Gold Coast trip


I was so busy last week and I don.t have time to prepare for my trip to Gold coast which will be a week from now. Luckily I have prepared some of the things earlier. There are a lot of blog entry on the Gold Coast Entry, so most of the preparation was referred to the blog. In this entry, I just list down what are the things that need to prepare before the trip.

1) Air ticket, I manage to get cheap ticket for me and my family. However I paid more for my mum ticket due to last minute purchased. So altogether the air ticket from PEN-KL-Gold Coast, including meals, seat number, insurance, baggage about 6k for 3 Adults + 2 kids. Eirian is still below 2 years old, so he got infant price.

2) Apply leave. I just started work with new company about 5 months. So not many days leave available for me. But I just applied 1 month ahead. Not sure whether the company will consider this as unpaid leave or advance leave, but I don't have choice in this case. I would not fortified this air ticket due to not able to get leave.

3) Valid Passport. In order for you to travel, the trip should be 6 months before the expiry date of the passport. For this trip, I have to renew Luffy and my mum's passport and do Eirian passport. This is the first time Eirian travel oversea.

4) ETA visa. You can do online at this address
 http://malaysia.highcommission.gov.au/klpr/lodgement.html.
 It cost you $AUD20 if you do yourselves. I choose to do via travel agent, it cost me RM25 only. Way cheaper.. all you have to do is look for the travel agent.

 5) Travel insurance. I have never prepare this during my overseas trip before until my last visit to Medan with my friend. I found this is necessities when you go traveling. Just be insured, cause you never know what is going to happened. I bought the travel insurance online, just a few type and click, you are done. I bought the standard package, and it cost me RM126 for the family package.
https://www.aig.my/personal/travel/travel-insurance

6) Accommodation./ place to stay. There are a lot of affordable apartment in Surfers Paradise, just google and read the review of the apartment. Tips that I got, the price would be cheaper if you book early. For me I will stay at Waringga Surf. I will give my review after my stay there. When you do the booking, if you mentioned you have a baby, they will asked you to book for baby coat.. I have some hu-ha over this issue with Waringga Surf.

7) Transportation. You can either choose public transport or car rental. There are buses and train to get around. For families it is recommended to rent a car. There are a lot of website for car rental. I did the booking at this website, which I think I get the cheapest deal. I am still thinking should I buy the car insurance or not. Not forgotten, if you have kids below 7 years, you need extra gear; child seat/ booster seat. It is mandatory in Aussie to have you kids sit properly in the car. (Not sure how I can manage this with Eirian, he normally can get away when I put him in the car seat here). The charges  are varies with cars. You can rent GPS as well. But I think I would get cellular data and use google maps for the direction.
 https://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/

8) List for food and medicine. Its good to prepare a list of food and medicine that you carry along to Aussie. From what I heard, they are quite strict on this issue. You can get fine of $AUD400 for the offence, so better be prepared than broke..hahaha. I'm travelling with my mum, and she is very particular about food. So I guess, I will bring some per-processed food for her convenient. 

9) Suitable clothing. Check what is the weather like in Gold Coast, so that you can prepare you clothing. I'm traveling during srping to summer season, and the forecast said the temperature should be ranging about 17'C to 26'C. Not too cold or too hot. and hoping the weather would be pleasant during my stay there.

10) Online Purchase theme park ticket. It will be cheaper if you buy the ticket via online rather than buy at counter. I bought the combo theme park ticket at this website
http://myfun.com.au

11) Itinerary holiday. Read a lot and start planning


That's all on the preparation. I hope everything turns well next week. InsyaAllah.. 


No comments: