Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Ridge, Teja by the Sea

Last weekend, I was watching "Jalan-Jalan cari makan" show on TV3. This show is about  restaurants  around the place that they go. That weekend they went to Penang and they show a few restaurants around Penang. After watching the show and I got to discover a new place to eat in Penang. The show is really entertaining and make the restaurant look super nice and the meal is so delicious. Mouth watering... yum yum yum. The restaurant that I like to try is situated in Batu Kawan. I watched the show at my hometown, and I was thinking to have my dinner there on the way back later. See the show playing trick on my mind persuading me to try that restaurant. However we reached Penang about 8.00pm which I think its quite late. Plus from the review show the place is not suitable for people with small kids especially at night due to the mosquito, so we have to postphone the plan to some other time.
So it was yesterday that we went to that restaurant. The name of the restaurant; The Ridge, Teja by the Sea. I have not go to the restaurant yet, but the name itself has already attract me to go there. It is located just next to the Batu Kawan jetty. When I get there the restaurant looks quiet, with few customer only. The scenery was splendid as it facing the sea. It was drizzling when we were, so I guess the scenery will be way better when it was not raining. The restaurant offers grilled, steamboat, western and Malay dishes on the menu. We tried Japanese grill dishes which come with salmon, chicken, beef, prawn and vege. The food is ok but I think it not worth with the price. Maybe i pay half with the beautiful landscape. Ok check out the photos. Even we came during day time, my little angel was greeted by few mosquito. My comment, this restaurant worth to try. The scenery is very nice, however the food taste is OK. Maybe the owner should improve on that, as to attract more customer.