Friday, June 29, 2012

Ikan Kitang

It's been a very very long time I don't eat this fish. When I were small, my grandfather likes to eat this fish. He like to have this fish is roasted. I"ll be busy helping my grandmother to roast it. I was still small, about 5-7 years old during that time. It was not much help, but nuisance I guess. During that time, we roast thing manually. I help my grandma gather coconut skin/ sabut and shell/ tempurung, some stick to prepare for the fire. It was a lot of work, but I do have fun together with my sister and brother. The fish taste so nice as I still remember it. But due to one incident, my grandfather do not want to eat this fish. He choked due to this fish bones and I think it hurts him so badly. I did not see how this happened, but my mum told me this. After that I have never have this fish in my house.
I saw this fish when I see the fish monger today. I bought, have them cleaned and roast it. Of course I use my microwave oven. Not sure, it'll taste as good ad old time or not.